Planning & Zoning Department
View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
Fax (203) 468-4622
Lower Level of Town HallEast Haven, CT 06512
250 Main Street
See map: Google Maps
Description of Services
The Planning and Zoning Department handles all administrative functions of the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals. All applications are processed through the department, monthly hearings are held, and all is conducted according to State statutes and local zoning regulations. The Planning and Zoning Department can answer all questions about zoning throughout the Town.
The Planning and Zoning Department staff serve on:
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Code Enforcement Committee
Planning and Zoning Department is responsible for:
- Issuing permits for various forms of construction and signage.
- Compliance inspections for most forms of residential, commercial and industrial construction.
- Maintaining and updating the Town's zoning map and regulations.
- Investigate Zoning and Code complaince and Junk Vehicle complaints.
- Civil court actions.
- Administer and maintain the permanent records for variance applications to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Administers and assists in the planning of proposals brought before the Planning and Zoning Commission.
The Planning and Zoning Department provides assistance to the general public and developers:
- in planning aspects,
- zoning related issues,
- on sight inspections,
- compliance inspections,
- and the issuance of documents to taxpayers, state, municipal and federal agencies and lending institutions regarding planning and zoning related issues.
Phone: (203) 468-3280
Fax: (203) 468-4622
Zoning Enforcement Officer